Work in the Falkland Islands as a dentist
The adventure of a lifetime!
If you are a trained dentist searching for your next adventure, look no further. Dedicare can offer you the opportunity to travel and work in this remote and unique location.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
The unspoiled environment of the Falkland Islands is a must-visit for anyone with a yearning to discover an off-the-beaten-track pristine destination. The archipelago is teeming with wonders of nature and wildlife, an unpolluted environment with fantastically clear blue skies, seamless horizons, vast open spaces and stunning white sand beaches. Get a visual sneak peak of the beautiful islands right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqnxTYkomTM&t=1s
- Authorized dentist in your home country
- Can accept minimum 6 months (or longer) coherent work
- Comfortable with English (written and spoken) as main form of communication
- Can travel and work without family obligations
- Work well in groups but also individually
- To provide a full range of general dental services, within the available resources, to maintain community oral health.
- To provide an emergency dental service, both in and out of hours, to local residents and foreign visitors, including fishermen, and to participate in reciprocal emergency cover arrangements with the dental officers at the MPA Medical Centre as required.
- To participate in school screening programmes.
- To participate in a programme to improve oral health of school children.
- To participate in the development of the Oral Health Strategy.
- To participate in the organization and day to day running of the dental department, in order to promote continuous improvement and efficiency in the service and its subsequent implementation.
- To assist the hospital management team in planning and implementation of improvements to the Dental Department.
- To supervise those staff working directly with the dental officer i.e. burse, hygienist in respect of the care provided to individual patients.
- To assist in the training and continual professional development of other members of the dental team.
- To participate in healthcare governance, audit and learning activities in the dental department and the wider hospital.
What vi offer
- Dedicare covers your housing and travel expenses
- Fair wages
- Stabel work schedule
- Help with visa/documentation
- Uniq nature, history and wild life
- The adventure of a lifetime!
Contact us today if you are interested!