Are you an adaptive and communicative individual with programming skills and a Life Science background?
Are you an adaptive and communicative individual with programming skills and a Life Science background? Are you ready to enter a great team and company, work with the latest technologies and make a real difference for our customers? Then this role might be of interest to you!
We are now looking for an Application Specialist to be part of the Hamilton Nordic application team. This is a field-based role covering the Nordic region and the preferred place of location is in the Oslo region.
In the Nordic application team, we always strive to deliver the best support to our customers and deliver a state-of-the-art solution. We take pride in our work, and we always work side-by-side with the customer as a team in designing the best solution to fulfill their needs. As our business is growing fast, we are expanding our team and therefore searching for a new member to join us. This is a dynamic position in an international environment, and you will be part of the world leader in automated liquid handling workstations and laboratory automation technologies.
As an Application Specialist your role is to communicate with the customers, understand their assays and workflows and guide them to take the steps to automation. This means you will design automation concepts and bridge this info between the customer and our Swiss engineering/production team. You will develop customized protocols, troubleshoot and optimize liquid handling and protocol performance. Furthermore, you will conduct software and programming trainings for the customer. All this while ensuring customer satisfaction and an on-time project delivery.
Parts of the job also involves pre-sales activities and together with our highly qualified sales team do joined customer visits, tradeshows, time estimation and guiding the customer to the best solution.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure customer satisfaction with on-time project handling
- Understand the customers’ assays and workflow and guide them into the world of automation
- Design automation concepts and bridge this info between the customer and our Swiss engineering/production site
- Develop customized protocols to control the liquid handling platform
- Troubleshoot and optimize liquid handling and protocol performance
Who are you?
We are looking for a person who is ready to join a high performing team and being part of our journey to create a world-class support team. This is a person that is ready to enter a position requiring hard work, enjoy a high pace and travelling to our Nordic customers.
To successfully fulfill this position, you will need excellent communication, planning and project management skills and be able to manage your own time, projects, and other parallel activities. You can understand and analyse complex issues and problems and you do sound and rational judgements. We expect you to take initiative, responsibility and commitment to deliver excellent results and we offer a flexible working environment, a great team and a lot of fun.
- Academic background in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Good programming skills – you must have been exposed to programming in C, C#, Python or similar
- Experience from programming complex applications is desired
- Speaking Norwegian is a plus, but not a must
- Ability to travel flexibly nationally and internationally with 50-60 travel days/year
Do not miss this exciting opportunity to join Hamilton Nordic where you will be an important part of a dedicated team working to bring cutting-edge and top-quality technological products to the market, for the benefit of health and well-being.